We’re looking for a accurate and enthusiastic Payroll Officer to join our Omni-SSG Finance team based in Thame. This is a varied role to run monthly payrolls within a Shared Service environment.
Ideal location: Thame, United Kingdom, OX9
Salary: Up to £30K per annum + competitive benefits such as private healthcare
This role includes:
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payrolls to deadlines
- New Starter processing, including pension enrolment.
- Maternity/Paternity/Absence calculations.
- Ensuring that payroll queries, both internal and external, are resolved or escalated. in a timely manner.
- Payroll reporting and checking of data.
- Payroll auditing.
- Ensuring Payroll controls, processes and procedures are compliant with legal and audit requirements.
- FPS/EPS submission to HMRC.
- Distribution of payslips/P60s/P45s/employee communication relating to Payroll.
- Expenses – Reconciliation and processing Payment.
- Ability to organise workload to ensure deadlines are meet.
- Working within the Payroll Team.
- Providing Financial cover and support across the Shared Service Team.
This role is typically split as 60% Payroll, pension and Expenses processing and 40% Financial Support across the Shared Service Team.
Knowledge, experience and relevant qualifications for this job:
- Ideally CIPP Qualified, with a finance background.
- 2+ years of working within a payroll office.
- High degree of confidentiality and diplomacy required.
- Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant legal regulations.
- Willingness to be flexible regarding work hours in order to achieve strict deadlines in accordance with Company guidelines.
- A good team player, sharing knowledge and ideas and able to learn from others.
- Good Microsoft Excel skills to intermediate level.
- Ability to work to extremely tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to be a strong team player.
- A positive attitude with the ability to take ownership and accept accountability.
- Enthusiastic about working in Finance and being part of a team that strives to continuously improve the service we provide to the business.
CPM have been accredited Investors in People Gold award and place great importance on the training and development of our people. We work in a collaborative environment where great ideas and achievements are shared and celebrated.
CPM are an equal opportunities employer, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities.
This vacancy is closed to applications.