Operations Team Leader HOOTL002
Sitting within the consolidated operations HUB, this role is responsible for delivering a seamless planned and organised operational service to our clients, predominantly working within client(s) activity which has scale and/or complexity The team leader has responsibility for day to day operational delivery, workload planning and leadership across a small team, and is involved in owning projects and supplier relationships within the wider Operations team.
Reporting into the Operations Manager, you will have line management responsibility for a small team of Administrators and will also provide leadership and workload planning. Accountable to lead the team in providing timely, accurate and best in class operational delivery to agreed standards.
Networking with internal teams to ensure best practice and agreed ways of working are adhered to along with managing stakeholders to showcase excellent operational standards
Working with the Operations Manager, this role will ensure efficient and best in class ways of working are underpinning all aspects of the role. With a curiosity to explore new opportunities to innovate and simplify, standardise and automate.
Salary: £27-30K DOE
Location: Thame, Head Office, Hybrid Working Available
Key Responsibilities and Key Result Areas:
- To provide leadership and workload planning across the wider Ops hub, be ‘the expert’ and personally add value through having strong people and organisational skills.
- Support and coach your administrators to maintain a workforce capable of meeting its objectives. Providing guidance and advice to the wider operational team
- Identify training requirements and performance needs as they arise and discuss approach with the Operations Manager
- Conduct and deliver timely, comprehensive and relevant 1:1’s/Reviews/Meetings as directed by the CPM framework.
- Engage and encourage your team to build relationships with their virtual teams i.e. Field, Client services and other depts.
- Ensure team planning tools are in place including cover plans for holiday and absence and a robust communication plan to inform Stakeholders/manage expectations
- Create a motivational and open environment for direct reports a safe environment to be able to contribute to the planning and smooth running of the account
- Be an escalation point to all senior managers for your administrators and their delivery. This will include Performance issues, ad-hoc requests, workload management, client meeting attendance and support.
- Continually strive to make our operational processes efficient and effective by adopting the below:
- Review processes, mapping them and identifying opportunities to simplify, standardize and automate
- Recommend ways to create efficiencies within operational responsibilities to ensure we can sweat resource and protect profit.
- Troubleshooting problems/errors and critically evaluating the process to drive accuracy and improvement
- Provide excellent levels of communication at all levels of the business
- Drive excellence by putting plans in place to meet the needs of the account (s) field teams
- Take opportunities to advise and guide using your honed operational knowledge
- Liaise with other Team Leaders to share best practice
- Agree and implement a framework to keep Operations Manager informed of progress/challenges and resolutions
· Excellent presentation and communication skills to meet requirements of contact with team, virtual team and client.
-Proven experience of workload management and motivation as part of a team
· Proven experience of documenting and improving operational processes
· Proven experience of working with project plans and leading small projects
· Proven experience of Negotiation and influencing skills, working with both suppliers and customers.
The role requires some activity outside of normal working hours. This may include staying away from home and working unsociable hours from time-to-time.
This role works within a large multi-faceted team and so flexibility and team working is key across a variety of tasks.
It is important that the jobholder recognises and is openly supportive of the company’s values. This always applies to business and social events and understanding the importance of professional behaviour and conduct.
CPM have been accredited Investors in People Gold award and place great importance on the training and development of our people. We work in a collaborative environment where great ideas and achievements are shared and celebrated.
CPM are an equal opportunities employer, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities.
This vacancy is closed to applications.