Head of Business Development
We’re seeking an ambitious Head of Business Development to join CPM in Thame, Oxfordshire who will be responsible for proactively identifying new business opportunities to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the UK business grow. We are offering a very attractive package for the right person; a basic salary up to £80k with and uncapped OTE of £110k, Bupa medical insurance, generous car allowance and pension.
Ideal location: Thame, United Kingdom, OX9
(Hybrid working available)
You will be responsible for growing the strategic client base, generating new opportunities, and increasing revenue. You will be innovative and able to create solutions to offer a tailored approach to prospective clients, identifying missed areas of growth and coming up with new ideas. If you have experience building relationships and negotiating with blue-chip clients ideally within FMCG (but not essential), we want to hear from you.
Head of Business Development Key responsibilities:
- Leading an ‘account-based marketing’ sales approach, unlocking new opportunities for both current and prospective clients
- Driving physical and digital outsourced sales solutions to blue-chip brands (FMCG/CE)
- Using your creative flair to come up with new and innovative solutions to excite and inspire our clients
- Driving the success of the business development team, including line management of 3 heads (Business Development Manager and Marketing Executives)
- Regularly developing sales collateral to win new business, utilising the marketing team and personal experience to create compelling “stories”, ensuring that CPM is always at the forefront of our prospective clients’ minds
- Ensuring client proposals are maximising opportunities for the business through research and appropriate costing
As the Head of Business Development, you will:
- Have significant experience in a sales or marketing role
- Take pride in delivering on every commitment and exceeding expectations
- Proven experience selling into blue chips and FMCG clients is highly desirable
- Have experience working and negotiating with clients at a senior level
- Demonstrate an ambitious mindset, with the ability to think outside of the box.
- Have strong communication skills, able to build rapport and come across as credible from the outset
- Be ‘curious’ with your approach and always seek out the best solution for your clients
- Successfully work in a team with the ability to work independently and lead from the front
In return for your experience, passion and energy, the role benefits include:
- Salary: Up to £80K basic depending on experience
- £110K OTE
- 26 days holiday + bank holiday (increasing by a day with each year of service
- Private medical
- Car allowance
We are an accredited Investors in People Gold award company and place great importance on the training and development of our people. We work in a collaborative environment where great ideas and achievements are shared and celebrated.
CPM is an equal opportunities employer we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities.
This vacancy is closed to applications.