Commercial Accounting Manager
Is there more to you than just being great with numbers and Excel? CPM are seeking a confident, articulate Commercial Accounting Manager to join their busy, fun-loving head office team. Excellent salary package offered plus company bonus and benefits.
Location: Thame, United Kingdom, OX9
The purpose of this role is to develop the service provided by the Commercial Finance team through sound management and coaching of teams, a programme of continuous improvement and effective leadership on the development of commercial reporting, to include:
- Client Budgeting and forecasting
- Invoicing and payment plans
- Month end cycle and accruals
- Company forecasting cycle
- Enhancement of commercial awareness across the organisation
- Your development is also fundamental to the role and should include the completion of professional examinations and CPD, attendance on company development programs and field visits to gain a thorough understanding of our business and its issues.
The department uses a number of IT systems, it is essential for you to gain a detailed understanding of these and how they can be improved to achieve operational efficiencies.
The enhancement of the team should take place through a combination of one-to-one coaching sessions and reviews and the undertaking of team meetings to deliver insight into the latest developments within the business and accounting profession.
The business operates a number of internal and external Rate Cards and Costing Models, which should be developed and maintained to ensure the profitability of the organisation.
To design and conduct team and business training in line with development programmes and the finance models detailed previously.
To work with business wide teams, on a project-by-project basis, as to be determined by the organisation.
To provide effective support to customers throughout the Company in line with an agreed timetable, to include monthly board reports.
To aid the finance department in ensuring it meets its obligations to Sarbanes Oxley.
Knowledge, Experience, and relevant qualifications for this job:
- Commercial experience. This must include experience and competence in at least one of the core teams within the finance department.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required
- The ability to guide and develop a team on an ongoing and a project basis is required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Good time management skills are essential.
- To be approachable, helpful, and reliable when assistance is required.
- Must have a genuine interest in keeping abreast of Financial Reporting and Regulatory Developments and trends in Commercial Finance.
- Qualified Chartered or Management Accountant desirable
The nature of CPM’s business is very dynamic which means that Finance is always handling multiple concurrent projects and deliverables at any time. The ability to multi-task is therefore essential.
A good degree of flexibility and creativity is required in-order to meet demanding business requirements and short timescales. Confidence and authority are required to manage business expectations and ensure that they are met.
CPM has a high level of commitment to quality in all areas. The jobholder must combine her/his own experience with knowledge of the latest technical and regulatory developments to provide the optimal solution to meet business requirements.
This vacancy is closed to applications.