Insight & Strategy Manager
A management level role within Axis, a critical growth division of the CPM business. To be the expert in our clients’ sales and customer contact channels regarding how data is used to create commercially oriented insight solutions and to influence wider client & business strategy. Ultimately to support Axis in delivering next level performance for our clients.
Ideal Location: Thame, United Kingdom, OX9
Salary: £45-55K DOE
In this role you will:
- Champion the Axis insights toolkit with internal client service teams, current and potential clients. Recommending and developing new insights capability to meet constantly changing needs and opportunities within a fast paced, dynamic marketplace.
- Lead and shape thinking around data automation, integration, analytics, modelling and visualisation that optimises client performance. To drive the application of these outputs in order to maximise profitability and success for our clients, Axis and CPM.
- Creating and managing opportunities to achieve a channel revenue target, thereby contributing to the overall Axis P&L. Contributing to CPM and Axis new business pitches and holding direct relationships with clients and third-party providers. There may also be a requirement to supervise insight strategy analysts on specific projects or initiatives.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Insight and strategy
- Leadership of how insight informs and influences performance for specific clients and/or channels.
- Application of insight toolkit to drive business success metrics including sales, market share, return on investment and profit.
- Go to expert for how data is used to measure and optimise operational metrics for for retail, merchandising, B2B, B2C & customer support activities.
- Data and analytics
- Supervision of key processes and associated automation to ensure insight tools are updated with latest validated datasets.
- Ownership of statistically robust models within the insight toolkit, ensuring these are calibrated to client need and success criteria.
- Insight visualisation best practice through dashboard and web interface design including statistical output, clustering & mapping.
- Research and development
- Desk research and industry networking to create recommendations to improve the insights toolkit
- Leading conceptual design of innovation products to deliver new client, category or channel requirements
- Scoping and briefing technical builds of approved new products to insight analysts and technology developers as required
- New biz and commercials
- Ownership of client revenue targets that contribute to the Axis P&L
- Identifying new prospects or opportunities with existing clients to drive revenues
- Application of Axis pricing mechanisms to maximise profitability
- People and relationships
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Leading monthly business reviews for selected external Axis clients and contributing to CPM client business reviews
- Management of selected third-party data & software vendors
It is essential that the candidate recognises and lives the CPM DNA and should invest time in personal development to improve skills and knowledge.
This role acts as an interface between different business functions which will require significant work in a virtual team environment. Occasional travel to CPM and client offices in Europe and North America may be required. Internal and external clients may be international, so an ability to build rapport with stakeholders from different countries and cultures is important.
- Senior stakeholder engagement – internal & external
- Commercial acumen
- Exceptional problem solver
- Advanced data handling & statistical analysis
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Creating compelling presentation narrative
- excellent mathematical, statistical, economics, business, or similar
- People supervision or management
- Retail, sales, or customer facing environment
- Microsoft software - Data Factory, Power BI, Excel, Power-point
- Alteryx, Tableau
- relevant business or technical certifications are desirable but not essential
We are an equal opportunities employer we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities. We work in a collaborative environment where great ideas and achievements are shared and celebrated.